View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davroar

re: Giving AoC another try

having fun in lotro in legion and running raids with transendence. but aoc might have to DL it again begreat it just one game to play together again . Lotro and legion is great . but i think pariah will always live forever
Shayliee
Shayliee

Genius and I joined Ivaed in Tempest on SWTOR. The game is so much better with a good guild! They are a lot of fun and run FP/Ops, etc regularly.
If you guys ever come back to SWTOR, I reccommend coming to Tempest!! Happy
Roeko
Poeko
Leader

When are you usually playing Gaer? I'll give it another whirl. Miss my internet nerd friends Happy

Look Busy!
Gaer
Officer

I would say that gear is still very important for endgame PvP. However I think the circumstances have changed somewhat on the Tyranny server.

A lot of people left Tyranny to go to Set (a PvE server), so Tyranny is very sparse now, which can be frustrating in that it's hard to get minigames to pop some nights. However, it also means that many of the players you go up against in minis are fairly new and not all that well geared. There's also far fewer premades, so if your team is even halfway decent you'll probably do well. I've been holding my own just fine on my HoX in minigames and all I have is the non-ranked PvP gear you buy from the Funcom store.

In terms of rerolling a toon, you certainly could do that, and we have a lot of lowbie new players in Order with whom you can level, but you certainly don't have to. I find that just running through the repeatables in Khitai a few times brings you back up to speed fairly quickly.

Speaking about sparseness, I decided that I'm going to stick it out on Tyranny for the time being even though the population is low. I like the guys in Order and we're doing a lot of recruiting to rebuild the guild, so I'm hopeful that in a few weeks we'll be back to raiding and 80 minis. However, if things don't pick up by then, I will probably transfer to Set, even though I don't relish the idea of playing on a PvE server.

I might log in to see what's what. Still one of the better games out. Only 2 problems...

1. After a hiatus you almost need to level a new toon to relearn the combos

2. End game pvp gear. If you don't have rank gear, you CAN NOT compete. You are fodder. Not fun.

If they've done anything to address #2, the game is full of win.

Look Busy!
Gaer
Officer

I've been playing some AoC with Order and it's been pretty fun. The guild is rebuilding and a fair number of new players are trying it out through Steam.

-Gaer

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum